• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IL - Can't Find an Heir!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PhilCYa

What is the name of your state? IL

As the potential executor for my mother-in-law, what would happen if I was unable to locate one or more of the persons mentioned in her will that are to share in her estate? Is there a way for her to add a clause in her will so that if after reasonable efforts to locate any of her heirs, their shares would be split between the remaining heirs so that it would not revert back to the state?

Thanks,
Phil

BlondiePB

PhilCYa said:
What is the name of your state? IL

As the potential executor for my mother-in-law, what would happen if I was unable to locate one or more of the persons mentioned in her will that are to share in her estate? Is there a way for her to add a clause in her will so that if after reasonable efforts to locate any of her heirs, their shares would be split between the remaining heirs so that it would not revert back to the state?

Thanks,
Phil
How does this thread relate to your other thread where you stated that MIL wants to disinherit 2 of her 4 children?

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=256899

When the time comes, there are ways to find heirs, like private investigators, if necessary, that do not cost much. You'd be surprised at how fast and who crawls out from under rocks when someone dies looking for an inheritance.

I'm not sure who is being manipulative, you or your MIL. :rolleyes:

PhilCYa

BlondiePB said:
How does this thread relate to your other thread where you stated that MIL wants to disinherit 2 of her 4 children?

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=256899

When the time comes, there are ways to find heirs, like private investigators, if necessary, that do not cost much. You'd be surprised at how fast and who crawls out from under rocks when someone dies looking for an inheritance.

I'm not sure who is being manipulative, you or your MIL. :rolleyes:
She already has a will that leaves everything 50-50 to only 2 of her children. But she ASKED me what happens if we cannot find her son (she's not sure where he lives now that he has left the Navy). I thought this might be a good forum to confirm what I thought would happen: the portion of the estate that could not be disbursed would become property of the state of Illinois. Personnaly, I don't care what the hell she does with her money, not that she has that much.

BTW - I didn't ask for your opinion on who is being manipulative, so why even raise the topic? Or is just your nature to be judgemental? :rolleyes:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

PhilCYa said:
BTW - I didn't ask for your opinion on who is being manipulative, so why even raise the topic? Or is just your nature to be judgemental? :rolleyes:

My response:

You don't have to ask. This is an Internet site. So, if we see fit to try, convict, and crucify you, we will.

Besides, you spelled judgmental incorrectly. Apparently, spelling wasn't a part of your curriculum.

IAAL

PhilCYa

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You don't have to ask. This is an Internet site. So, if we see fit to try, convict, and crucify you, we will.

Besides, you spelled judgmental incorrectly. Apparently, spelling wasn't a part of your curriculum.

IAAL
Oh my goodness! A spelling mistake or a typing mistake? Your answer reveals quite a bit about you!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

PhilCYa said:
Oh my goodness! A spelling mistake or a typing mistake? Your answer reveals quite a bit about you!

My response:

I'm sure my answers DO reveal quite a bit about me. I can be your best legal source, or I can be the "biggest ass-hole on four wheels" you've ever met. You make your choice by being a pissy little whiner.

If you want to pay your local attorney a $5,000.00 retainer fee, to be billed at $250.00 or more per hour, then you'll get someone who is willing to put up with your bull crap, listen to your whining, and be real nice to you. Until then, shut your trap, and put your pride and hurt feelings in your pocket. Nobody cares how you feel when you're getting your answers for FREE.

What a dumb schmuck!

IAAL

PhilCYa

Do me a favor, ignore any posts you see with my handle. We will both be a lot happier. :)

Last edited:

PhilCYa

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Speak for yourself!

I thrive on thrusting and parrying with whiny, crybaby, jerks like you!

IAAL
Your attitude is typically one of the reasons most people hate lawyers.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

PhilCYa said:
Your attitude is typically one of the reasons most people hate lawyers.

My response:

Yes, but you wouldn't believe how many people need us - - and need me!

It's amazing how many people can't conduct their lives properly because they have no common sense. They sort of let life lead them by the nose, and most often, it boinks them right in the face. So, I get paid a "King's Ransom" to take care of the problems they cause. It's a wonderful life! And, this site is a wonderful catharsis. It's like letting your hair down.

But, on this site, I get to actually say all the things I'm actually thinking about you dolts that I would never say in my office to your face. But, when you see your lawyer, know this - - he or she is thinking, "What an idiot this guy is!"

IAAL

Tryton

No, I doubt they're all thinking that way. Attorney or not, regardless of how good you are at it, regardless of how much you enjoy it, and regardless of your education, you're still a pompous ass. You don't exist here to help people which is why they come here in the first place. If you don't want to give legal advice for free, then don't, but don't just insult people to "unwind" from a bad day.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Tryton said:
No, I doubt they're all thinking that way. Attorney or not, regardless of how good you are at it, regardless of how much you enjoy it, and regardless of your education, you're still a pompous ass. You don't exist here to help people which is why they come here in the first place. If you don't want to give legal advice for free, then don't, but don't just insult people to "unwind" from a bad day.
My response:

Yes, I am a pompous ass. I freely admit it. And no, I don't come here to unwind from a bad day. I unwind from a tiring day - - but I'm still in a good mood!

Also, you can't possibly have read all of my posts. Your opinion is, undoubtedly, made up from a few posts that you don't like. Well, tough crap!

IAAL

Tryton

Gee, I just read your profile. Interests: Big busted redheads. Creative answer and so indicative of the exact type of personality you have. It must really be a burden being so superior to the rest of us. I guess everyone here should feel blessed that you grace us with your presence.

Tryton

All I'm saying is that people come here with legitimate questions. I understand getting frustrated with people and I understand not wanting to give free advice. I work on computers for a living. Do you know how many times I deal with stupid people in a day? But it doesn't make them stupid because they don't know about computers. It makes them ignorant of that knowledge. Just like people who come here are ignorant of the particular legal issue they're asking about. Yet you find it necessary to find a problem with the way people ask questions here. And some are dumb to you, I'm sure. But just remember that's not their expertise. That's why they're here.

Tryton

Actually, I just took the time to go through some of your posts. You're a real peach. I guess since I'm from Indiana I'm too dumb to talk to you. Good thing I'm not from Tennessee which I saw you called a "dufus" state. People like you aren't even human. Here's hoping the next major earthquake separates the "People's Republik of Kalifornia" from the rest of the U.S. and you float away. I simply cannot believe there's a person as arrogant as you are on this planet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">