• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illinois Notice of account -final

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grandmas gal

What is the name of your state? Illinois
I received this letter today from our executors attorney of my grandmas estate.
This is a probate case from 2004 small estateunder 100,000. The executor is my aunts husband , On the 9th 0f july we filed at the court house to have him removed as executor then on the 12th today we get this letter.

The letter states on Tuesday, JUly 31, 2007 at 9;30 a.m. or soon thereafter as counsel may be heard.I shall appear before the honorable presiding judge or any judge sitting in his stead, in the courtroom usually occupied by him in XXXXX , Illinoisand present the final account of legal represenative, a copy of which is attached, and ask that it be approved and if a final account , that the estate be declared settled and the legal represenative be discharged from office. If the account is approved by the court upon said hearing, in the absense of fraud,accident or mistake the account as approved is binding upon all persons to whom this notice is given.
My question is do I get a court date before this hearing or wait till this hearing to go before the judge to tell our cause for action?when I filed the clerk of the court said usually the lawyer sets the date. she said if we didn't hear anything within 2 weeks we could come back in and she would set a date. Then we get this!
The executor is charging 3000.00 for maintaining estate in reality he depreciated it by letting his children live there for 2 years . We have before and after pictures as the damage they did. He also failed to collect rent from them stating they needed a place to live. He had 11 people living there at 1 time. Then charged heirs on final report for replacing hot water heater and faucet, (with this many people bathing I am suprised that all that went out.)They sold all the furniture to their kids for next to nothing also I would appreciate any answers Thank you!

Dandy Don

What does the will say about who owns the house? Is it going to be sold or will executor continue to rent it out? What is the reason you wanted him removed as executor? Is the $3,000 his entire fee as executor or just for maintaining the home only?

grandmas gal

Dandy Don Thank you for answering!
The home has been sold now for 60,000 . It appraised at 75,000 in 2004.It appraised at 60,000 when sold.My aunt kicked my uncle out of the house in april ,2004 he also is a heir He was staying with grandmother caring for her.She stated she needed to get estate ready to sell, My uncle asked if he could stay and help, he was paying 300.00 rent since october,2003 when grandma passed away, She said No she wanted to take her time. Next thing we know shes moving her daughter in the house. We assumed she would also be paying 300.00 she lived there 19 months and the home was never put on the market till the last 2 months of that time.On the final account papers they never listed the rent my uncle paid plus they sold everything to their children way below market value.

Edited to add the Executor fee is total 3000.00 plus pd himself 800.00 for taking down a tree limb plus utilities his children ran up are coming out of the final also. will says share and share alike over and over

Do you think we should get a court date before the 31st ? Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">