• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Independent Executor need Title to sell?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diamondsmile6

Im in Texas

My Fathers estate went through probate, his will said to sell his house to pay for his final bills. I was made Independent Executor in his will ,there are three other heirs and one is a minor. Im in the process of selling his house. Dose the Title Company need to contact the others to get permission to sell? or do I have to get the Title put in my name? I have the Letter of Testamentary.I thought that was all I needed. And if so how do I transfer Title.
Thank you very much.

ladybg1

I'm in fla-so tex may be different. Sold my dads house-We had to get permission to sell from the court once we had a sale contract it & before closing & all 3 of the beneficiaries had to sign a form that they knew & agreed with what was happening. This went before the probate court judge & he approved it. The title to the house stayed in my dads name until it was sold.

diamondsmile6

Thanks for the info..but I hope thats not the case here in Texas, two are in other states and one is a minor ... his mother was not married to my father I realy dont want to have get her ok ,since hes a minor. Also my Lawyer realy sucks he gives me no help since he got paid.:mad:

ladybg1

2 of the beneficiaries were out of state--we kept fed ex busy that week. If your atty isn't being very helpful--try calling the probate court & see if they can give you any help.
I ended up learning a lot more than I wanted since I did not get a lot of help from my atty either.
There may be some way to do it without authorization from the minor's mother. I don't know why anyone would oppose it-you can't get any money from a house unless you sell it.

diamondsmile6

I Know what you mean by having to know more than you want to.
I fell like an attorney,accountant,and an IRS agent...:p hummm what did I mis?
When this is all over I will need a long vacation!
You have been very helpul.. thanks for the heads up on what we may have to do I will find out I hope monday from the broker thats trying to buy the house..What the Title company will do.And God Bless You:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">