• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inheritance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pumpkinpb

What is the name of your state? Texas

My grandfather died some time back. His estate (no will) was settled without all his legal descendents being contacted. For example, my father, his son, is dead, but I was not contacted. Would there be a public record showing the estate settlement?

Dandy Don

Yes. Visit or contact the county courthouse probate court and you can look at the probate file. If you don't know how to find it, any librarian or city government employee should be able to help you. If you feel you should have been compensated, you will need to consult with a local probate attorney to find out if you have legal status as an heir or not.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

What is the name of your state? Texas

My grandfather died some time back. His estate (no will) was settled without all his legal descendents being contacted. For example, my father, his son, is dead, but I was not contacted. Would there be a public record showing the estate settlement?
Who exactly are the legal descendents that were not notified of probate?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">