• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insolvent Estate...Time Frame??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shippy1973

What is the name of your state? Texas/Virginia

I live in Texas but my father died over a year ago now in Virginia and the estate is insolvent. I am the executor. How long I am having to wait to close this thing out? My grandmother died awhile back and we had our money from the estate in about 3 months. Of course, it was not insolvent but...

What is the statue of limitations for creditors for this type of sitiuation? I am not looking to get a huge amount of monies but I have the bond company asking for more money to increase it but the estate itself is insolvent???? I don't get it.

My f-in laywer is sitting on his fat arse and only does things if I call. Said he is still waiting for responses from the creditors... Obviously, he needs to CALL THEM AGAIN. Sorry for venting but I am tired of this dragging on....

*EDITING*
Can I just quit being executor of an estate and wash my hands of this? I have my lawyer but he thinks this will drag on into next year or so. I am fed up of getting new bills for bond fees and notary papers... What are my personal responsibilites for just dropping it? I am tired of all the BS. I just want to be done.... Forget the money, it would not be a huge windfall and not really worth the hassle. Just give me what I paid for the funeral and we can call it even!!! Venting again :mad:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">