• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

intentional underestimating estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dennisk

What is the name of your state? iowa
our father passed away in june my sister is the exec. our parents both gone now owned a large house
that is full of antiques alot of wich have alot of value both monetary as well as centimental
and my 3 sisters have all laid there claim as to what they want to have. my fathers will was specific as to an even distribution of all of his estate 4 ways. i addressed this with them earler on and told them that it would all have to be inventoried as well as appraised
they were all reluctant to do this. i warned my sister she has to be accountable for every dime of this estate. 2 weeks later i pull the file and find she and an aunt who works in a law office had filed probate and listed all the contents of the home at 1500.00
a minn of 50,000 under the value and i almost blew my top. my question's now does this constitute perjury? both on her part as well as the firm who filed this as the aunt has specific knowlage that the estate is worth 40 times what they valued it at. to me this sets a stage of unacountability, for the exec and i feel i should go to the county attourney and file charges for unethical as well as perjury am i wrong?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">