• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interpretation of Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duster1

What is the name of your state?FLORIDA
My wife's grandmother passed away and left a will for the disposition of her property.There is no surviving spouse.There are 9 surviving children and 1 deceased child. My wife is the only surviving child of the deceased child her mother. The will reads that all property is to be left to equally to the children naming all 10 including my wife's mother by name. At the time that the will was written she was already deceased. The personal representative for the will has stated that my wife's share will be in probate. My wife did have a brother and he has 2 children her brother passed away in 1981.The lawyer that is handling the will originally said that since her brother passed away prior to her mother that my wife would receive her mothers share. Based on what I have stated what is your opinion as to my wife's share. Her portion would basically be 8 acres of a 80 acre homestead.

BlondiePB

Based on what I have stated what is your opinion as to my wife's share.
Obtain a copy of the will from the probate court and take it to your own attorney. Sorry, no one can answer your question without reading the will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">