• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inventory Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gotowork100

Inventory Help, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the name of your state? Ca

My Mom moved in with me when Dad died about 20 yrs ago, We combined are furniture together and designed rooms together. When Mom passed no mention of furniture was ever made in her will. She told me the furniture was mine. She had also told this to my family. My sister has challenged that and her and her Attorney got the Judge to let them in my home to take an inventory. Should I move my furniture out of the rooms or leave it?? I'm
afraid my Sister will just put anything she wants on the list. How can they prove what was my Mom's? How can I prove what is mine? nobody has any receipts. The furniture was given to me and I have witnesses to prove it.
It doesn't seem fair that I will have to spend money to protect my assests when my Sister has no proof on any possesions.
:) :) :)
Thanks,

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">