• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Investment beneficiary vs Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sgdg1990

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois

My Grandmother left me two investments in her will. The will was made April or May of this year, the investments are many, many years old. One of the investments named my father as beneficiary. He and his wife plan to cash it out and take it away from me, despite the fact that Gran meant for me to have it. Who has the legal right to this investment. It's worth about $17K.

Dandy Don

Sorry, but it belongs to your father. Grandmother may not have known that she needed to contact the investment firm to fill out a change of beneficiary form if she wanted to change the beneficiary, and she probably did not realize that the will does not have the power to make that change legally.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

sgdg1990

Ok, thank you for your time. I guess it just sucks to be me then. I would never do this to one of my kids. I hope they enjoy the money Gran meant to go to me (to put on my house). I hope she can see everything that's happening down here and I hope she punishes them.

sixpack

Why Not Ask Him?

Just a thought....

Did your father see the will? Perhaps if he saw it he would realize that it should go to you. I would ask him about that. Just a thought???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">