• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Irrational sister is the Executrix

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bonjovifan4life

What is the name of your state? NJ
My sister was named Executrix. My 2 other sister and I are beneficiaries. My one sister and the Executrix dont get along and had words after my Moms passing. They havent spoken since, me and my other sister are caught in the middle.
Well my oldest sister who had words with the 3rd sister(Executrix) decided she didnt want anything from the house, she just wanted her share at the end. The 3rd sister(Executrix)
decided that all the oldest sister would get is Kind.Then, the oldest sister, had a change of heart. She wanted some stuff that was sentimental. Meanwhile, me and my 2nd oldest sister were doing most of the work at the house, trying to clean it out. My oldest and 2nd oldest sister had a discussion about having the oldest sister come down and help clean and box things up to speed up the process. Well, the 3rd sister(Executrix) got all bent out of shape and stated that the oldest couldnt come down and help, that she was not allowed to since she was the Executrix and she had every right.
Me, the oldest sister and the 2nd sister all received letters from the lawyer that we werent allowed to be on the premises of my parents house and werent allowed to take anything from the premises.
So, my 3rd sister)EXECUTRIX, went and changed the passcode on the alarm system to the house and we are not allowed in my Parents house. Both parents are deceased. My father passed 5 years ago and Mother passed beginning of April this year.
Is that legal? Can she lock us out of our parents house? Even though the will states, everything is to be divided into 1/4. I know she is the Executrix but she is also our sister. It isnt like its some long lost cousin.
She has always been irrational and flyes off at a drop of a hat, can there be grounds of removal?
Thanks for your time!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">