• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

items removed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bqz

What is the name of your state? indiana

Can an estate rep.remove items from the estate without informing the beneficiaries ?

seniorjudge

Q: Can an estate rep.remove items from the estate without informing the beneficiaries ?

A: The general answer is yes. But give us facts and details.

bqz

Well the estate rep. is having everything removed from the estate as we speak and then auctioned,which I know has to be done in order to pay all outstanding bills on the estate. But I guess what I really should be asking is does he have to tell me what has been removed and what it has been sold for ?

seniorjudge

Q: But I guess what I really should be asking is does he have to tell me what has been removed and what it has been sold for ?

A: The answer to your question is, "Since I do not know who you are, I don't know." But I can tell you that the personal representative will have to provide this information to the court.

bqz

"Since I do not know who you are,
I am the beneficiary to the estate according to the will.
Sorry I should have mentioned that at first.
also,I have received a letter from the court stating this is an unsupervised probate.

seniorjudge

If you think there is wrongdoing, then you should contact the judge.

"Unsupervised administration" means different things in different states; the personal representative still has to report to the court. But I am not sure to what degree in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">