• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord names himself PR

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crzyldy6

What is the name of your state? I live in Fl, probate in NM
Uncle died at home in NM in Nov, owned home but rented land it was on longterm. Landlord hired attorney 2 days after reporting death then went to court in Jan to start proceedings to become Personal Rep of his estate. By luck a relative of a one of his neices saw the ad in the classifieds looking for relatives or creditors, called the neice who lives in Cal and told her. She in turned called the lawyer last week, informed him of any living relatives who has now contacted us 4 months after our uncles death. There are 4 neices who are left as next of kin. what I need to know is 1. can the landlord now charge the estate fees for calling the police etc when he found our uncle, phone calls to his lawyer and such, 2. He has admitted going into our uncles home and doing some cleaning, removing personal belongings(charged the estate for that as well) before doing an inventory 3. how do we go about getting him removed as personal rep 4. can it be done from out of state 5. our uncle has about 30,000 in bank account as well as stocks and bonds in a brokerage firm, how do we get info on those 6. is there anything else we should know.
I know this is kinda long so thank you for your patience and time in answering this. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">