• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is a lawyer needed**************

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Will Ovtuth

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Or can you fill out the paperwork yourself for the following situation? My parents have been married for 41 years and my father just passed away very unexpectedly from a surgery after being sent home after only 3 days, which is another whole can of worms unfortunately. He owned his own house with my mother and had half ownership in his uncles house, after him and his spouse had died in the late 60's sometime, with his mother, my grandmother, and on my grandmothers death, about 10 years ago and all that was settled, in her will he was to get full ownership, which he did. BUT here comes the mess.... he never went and changed the deed solely to himself and remove my grandmother and redraw it up with him and my mother as owners. He left no will but theres no living family left other then my mom, me and my other two brothers to dispute or inherit anything. In NJ, as far as I can tell, the spouse gets everything in that situation anyway.Me and my brothers wouldn't dispute ma from getting anything anyway.My father took out a loan using the house as collateral and on his death it wasn't all paid back yet, so my mother assumes that debt, of course. So she needs to get this deeds ownership changed over to her name, which she has all the death certificates and copies of wills and contracts etc.... , so does a lawyer need to do that for her or is there just a simple way to do the paperwork, have it notarized etc... and move on from there with our lives? Thank you everyone in advance for whatever info you can give me!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">