• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer taking forever with final settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Richthrax

What is the name of your state? West Virginia

The lawyer handling my Great Uncles estate has dropped the ball with the final settlement. The Final Decree was placed in the paper in May and no action has taken place since then. My father says all that is left to do is have the final settlement typed up and sent to the county commisoner. He calls the lawyer a couple times a month and the woman he talks to has told him the one or two times we've actually caught her that she had finshed and sent off the final settlement and when we call the court to check we find out it was a lie. Also the lawyer handling the estate happens to be the "fidicuary?" something or other and my dad says the final settlement has to go through him again so he doesnt want to piss him off. What can we do to force the lawyer handling the case to type the settlement up? My father and his side of the family are afraid of confrontation and i feel im the only hope to get the lawyer to finish off this estate.

Dandy Don

You need to be going to the attorney's office to talk to him about this IN PERSON and not just continually getting brushed off by phone calls. Not being confrontational won't get anyone anywhere--the attorney is working for you and needs to be held accountable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">