• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal heir

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mamasue_14

What is the name of your state? IL
My mother in law passed, I am the only daughter- in- law left,as her husband and 2 sons passed preiviously.Question: Am I the only living heir, can I fight for my husbands inheritance which could be quite large, but her brother and sister insist there was not much.Do I have any rights?

nextwife

What does her will say? If she left you anything in her will, you would have rights to that, subject to creditors rights against the estate.

BelizeBreeze

My mother in law passed, I am the only daughter- in- law left,as her husband and 2 sons passed preiviously.Question: Am I the only living heir, can I fight for my husbands inheritance which could be quite large, but her brother and sister insist there was not much.Do I have any rights?
Other than what Nexie told you, a daughter-in-law is NOT a lineal heir. You have no legal rights other than what is stipulated in the will.

dmode101

Is your husband alive? Your husband is the heir, not you. You have no rights unless you are provided for by the Will. If your husband is deceased, his children if he had any, would be heirs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">