• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal heirs to an estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stjbz77

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MI
Please help, I am a new social worker working with a client whose LTP (live together partner) passed away in December. They had five children together. Now that he has passed two additional women have given sworn statements that they have children by the deceased as well. Prior to his death they claimed the children were conceived by someone else. My client is able to identify who the biological fathers are. At court yesterday, the judge accepted the sworn statements. My client wants blood tests to prove those children are not the LTP's. The court is saying she will be responsible for the costs which will include everyones lawyer fees, court costs, possibly exuming the body, ect. My client does not even have a job to pay for any of this, but I feel for her wanting to know the truth so the remainder of the children can get what they are intitled to. I'm not sure what steps to take to help with the costs and actually laws regarding this. Anyone have any ideas?

BlondiePB

stjbz77 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MI
Please help, I am a new social worker working with a client whose LTP (live together partner) passed away in December. They had five children together. Now that he has passed two additional women have given sworn statements that they have children by the deceased as well. Prior to his death they claimed the children were conceived by someone else. My client is able to identify who the biological fathers are. At court yesterday, the judge accepted the sworn statements. My client wants blood tests to prove those children are not the LTP's. The court is saying she will be responsible for the costs which will include everyones lawyer fees, court costs, possibly exuming the body, ect. My client does not even have a job to pay for any of this, but I feel for her wanting to know the truth so the remainder of the children can get what they are intitled to. I'm not sure what steps to take to help with the costs and actually laws regarding this. Anyone have any ideas?
What has YOUR supervisor said/advised you about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">