• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lien Against Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JGRAY

What is the name of your state? WA

The state has placed a lien ($120k) against the real property in my Aunts estate to pay for state funded medical expenses she received while on Medicare. As personal representative can I close probate and continue to live in the home deferring payment of the lien until after the house is eventually sold? Or will the state force me to sell the home before I close probate?

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? WA

The state has placed a lien ($120k) against the real property in my Aunts estate to pay for state funded medical expenses she received while on Medicare. As personal representative can I close probate and continue to live in the home deferring payment of the lien until after the house is eventually sold? Or will the state force me to sell the home before I close probate?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=350254

double post

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">