• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loan owed to dead Grandma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reddder

What is the name of your state? NH

I owned part of a loan to grandma in the state of florida. The grandma died and I ended up owing monies to the estate. The estate was not probated and the estate was dissolved. The bill of sale between us stated that I would make payments to the estate in the event of her death.

No that she is dead and I live in NH her three kids are threatening to take me to court. Do that have a legal claim because I still owed a couple of grand but i have a clear title to the car. Remember the estate was dissolved and never entered probate.

reddder

Dandy Don

Go ahead and do the right thing and pay this loan back and be sure to get receipts for any payments you make. How much do you owe?

Choose any one of the kids and pay that person back, even though they aren't officially the executor.

reddder

Dandy Don said:
Go ahead and do the right thing and pay this loan back and be sure to get receipts for any payments you make. How much do you owe?

Choose any one of the kids and pay that person back, even though they aren't officially the executor.
I intended to pay the loan back to the tune of 2k however i told them i wasn't able until 06 due to certain financial stuff. I intended to pay it back in full but they are threatening legal now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">