• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Martial Debt & Premarital Debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PAMBAILEY

What is the name of your state? NEW YORK
HUSBAND NOW DECEASED, MARRIED ONE YEAR. AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS CREDIT CARD DEBTS MADE PRIOR TO MARRIAGE? ALSO, AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR DEBT DURING OUR MARRIAGE THAT HE TOOK OUT (NEW MOTORCYCLE) EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT LISTED ON BANK NOTE? HE HAD NO WILL OR ESTATE, HOME OWNED BY ME PRIOR TO MARRIAGE.
THANK YOU

Betty

What is the name of your state? NEW YORK
HUSBAND NOW DECEASED, MARRIED ONE YEAR. AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS CREDIT CARD DEBTS MADE PRIOR TO MARRIAGE? ALSO, AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR DEBT DURING OUR MARRIAGE THAT HE TOOK OUT (NEW MOTORCYCLE) EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT LISTED ON BANK NOTE? HE HAD NO WILL OR ESTATE, HOME OWNED BY ME PRIOR TO MARRIAGE.
THANK YOU
No, in NY you are not responsible for debts in your husband's name only. If he has any assets at all (estate), debts will be paid out of the estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">