• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Message/reply to Blondie

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asburylane

What is the name of your state?Kentucky

Hello again,
I went to User CP and could not figure out how to enable messages. Sorry. I really dont mind others reading this,,hope it can help others. Sorry if I have been rattling on here...I am a teacher, going to school part-time and we are also builing a house..so this is just alot of added pressure and stress. Anyway, I really need your help on this one: My brother had until yesterday to let my atty know if he wanted to buy the property...I called secretary yesterday morning and she said that now my bro and his atty called and wanted to hold a "special meeting" to discuss issues. She didnt know what issues, although I strongly felt she did. Anyway, told her I did not want to do that. I called my lawyer hours later and he told me what it was....my bro wants to offer me much less for my part of property...of course...it appraised for $38,000 2 weeks ago..and the neighbors there have already told me they would give me at least $45,000 for it....My lawyer expects me to entertain this!!! He even suggested going to this meeting (which is supposed to be in 2 weeks due to fact my bro is a truck driver now and wont be home until then). I just want this to be over! Do I have the right to just say NO and sell to the neighbors right now? We have an auction already scheduled for July 9 to sell everything, except for coins and jewelry which will be appraised next week. Dont know what will happen with them yet. Bro wants to only offer me $15,000 for my part...and I know what he will do..he will turn around and sell it to the neighbors for much much more! He is trying to screw me, even now. I just dont want anything to do with him at all....I gave him the first opportunity to buy it at $38,000 (my half would be $19,000) and even still he wants to offer me less. PLEASE help me out here....I have been sick over this and trying to keep my sanity. I look forward to your reply

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">