• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military Executors: Death of Alabama Resident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pearsonmollie

My father died in Alabama. I am a FL state resident. I am also active duty military so I now live in Missouri.

My sister (FL resident) and I were named executors of the will (as no surviving spouse). We hired a lawyer who directed us to take many actions. We did so and already spent a great deal of money doing what he suggested. I also spent an extra week of leave doing what he directed us to do.

He called me yesterday and said they he just discovered that executors must be residents of Alabama. Is this true?

Also, is there a military waiver? I asked him if that was true but he did not know.

If it is true, what happens? He has a sister there in the state.

Thank you!

Dandy Don

With the lawyer you hired, what state does he practice in?

Hire an Alabama lawyer to handle this for you, who practices in the same county where the death occurred.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">