• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mis use of funds from a Guardian

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mdunlap11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My ex wife is the Guardian over my sons settlement from a car accident. To be short, recently she was granted authority to write herself a check for $2,038 for attorney fees that she is inturn is suppose to pay the lawyer. The attorney is a family friend.

Is there a way we can see proof that she actually paid the attorney $2,038. I think she just kept the money. I think it is a scam that they ran to get money out of the account but how do I prove that?

I want to do it on my own because if I get a lawyer and fight her in court she will just again take money out of our sons fund for "attorney" fees again.

thank you

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My ex wife is the Guardian over my sons settlement from a car accident. To be short, recently she was granted authority to write herself a check for $2,038 for attorney fees that she is inturn is suppose to pay the lawyer. The attorney is a family friend.

Is there a way we can see proof that she actually paid the attorney $2,038. I think she just kept the money. I think it is a scam that they ran to get money out of the account but how do I prove that?

I want to do it on my own because if I get a lawyer and fight her in court she will just again take money out of our sons fund for "attorney" fees again.

thank you
If the attorney is the guardian attorney, this cannot be done without her obtaining a court order signed by a judge. The proof will be in the guardianship file at the courthouse.

All guardians of estates must file an annual accounting that is audited by the court.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">