• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom Leaves House To 3 Children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BILL SUTTON

What is the name of your state?California

Mother died in 2001. She wrote a will leaving the house to her 4 children.

The house is still in her name and my sister is taking care of the house, living there from time to time. Is there a way we can get the house in the children's name since she left it to them. is probate the only way out. She wrote a will but it is not a living trust. We just want to take over the house in our name. Help, time is ticking. sINCE MOM DIED , MY OLDEST SISTER DIED , LEAVING JUST THREE OF US. DAOES MY SISTER'S CHILDREN HAVE ANY RIGHTS IN THIS MATTER. THEY ARE NOT IN THE WILL.

BILL

BlondiePB

BILL SUTTON said:
What is the name of your state?California

Mother died in 2001. She wrote a will leaving the house to her 4 children.

The house is still in her name and my sister is taking care of the house, living there from time to time. Is there a way we can get the house in the children's name since she left it to them. is probate the only way out. She wrote a will but it is not a living trust. We just want to take over the house in our name. Help, time is ticking. sINCE MOM DIED , MY OLDEST SISTER DIED , LEAVING JUST THREE OF US. DAOES MY SISTER'S CHILDREN HAVE ANY RIGHTS IN THIS MATTER. THEY ARE NOT IN THE WILL.

BILL
You need a probate attorney.

Did Mom have any debts when she died? Who is the executor named in the Will, that person will need to handle this PROPERLY.

It is my suspicion that the children of the one sibling will want their mothers share of the Estate as that sibling was living and did so for a couple of years after your Mothers death. After all if the Will had been properly executed in the first place they would now inherit an asset that partially belonged to their Mother, unless the Will stipulates otherwise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">