• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money We Need From Trust UPDATE REpost

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stevez

What is the name of your state?
We live in AZ, Trust in MI, Party we have troubles with one in NM, two in FL.

My wife has been accused of taking money from grandmothes trust before she passed and now my wifes birth mother who gave her up at 2 to her grand mother wants 75k returned and is holding up the disbursement of the trust. My wife has been supported by her grand mother her whole life. They have sent the cks that my wife received from grand mother to a hand writing analasist and the ckes were found not to be forged all signed by grand mother just filled out by different people and they still will not release the money. The other party has not filed any formal court papers at this time it has all been through the bank. We also are not in the positoin of hiring a lawyer they want 2k in retainer funds. Can u please give any advise on how to give this a jump start so we may receive the money. When we receive the money can we turn around and sue here birth mother and stepsisters for holding this up, distress and money hardship we have indured please advise.

UPDATE:

We have talked to the bank and received copys of canceled cks signed by grandmother. In the package were notes from my wifes birth mother concerning the checks. We believe that the birth mother or stepsisters stole grandmothers check book when grams was on her death bed. This is how they found the cks given to my wife and other friends of the family. How can we go about and prosacute them is this not theft.

We have also found out that since the cks were not forged that the birth mothers attorney has contacted the bank and is going to try and prove that grams was not in right mind. We have contacted the retirement home for medical records on grams and they stated that the bank will have to ask for them since they controll the trust and the will. Please also help in this matter.

Please also give us more info on probate the will we have seen it so many times on here in other postings. Many thanks to all who have helped now and in the future.

We will take any and all questions we just want info and answers TKS again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">