• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother died, no will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gulfguy36535

What is the name of your state? Alabama
My mother passed in feb of last year, and i have just been able to start dealing with final arrangements, I am the sole beneficiary of her estate, no family members are contesting this, she left a house, and life insurance, the life insurance was in my name as the beneficiary, but the house had a mortage, I paid off the remaining balance owed, but my question now is, what do i need to do to get the house transfered into my name?

gulfguy36535

Thanks for the great replies, certainly tells me where the free advice goes these days. People come to these forums obviously for, you guessed it, advice from other people that have possibly gone through the same ordeal. If you for some possible reason decided to post a cheeky reply, congratulations, you are cool, for about a minute. Thanks for the tip on probate, and they answer is yes I get out but then again being 24 years old, i'm still learning the twisted ways of the government.....

moburkes

Thanks for the great replies, certainly tells me where the free advice goes these days. People come to these forums obviously for, you guessed it, advice from other people that have possibly gone through the same ordeal. If you for some possible reason decided to post a cheeky reply, congratulations, you are cool, for about a minute. Thanks for the tip on probate, and they answer is yes I get out but then again being 24 years old, i'm still learning the twisted ways of the government.....
Did you see who the "get out more" message was directed to?

BelizeBreeze

Being 24 is an excuse, NOT a reason for having your head up your butt. FILE PROBATE! Is that clear enough?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">