• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother left no will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bite_my_skull

What is the name of your state? Texas

My mother passed away in April, 2003. Before she died, she stated that she wanted her truck to go to me, but there was no will. The family does not want to contest this, and I was wondering exactly what I would need to do to have the vehicle put in my name. The remaining balance on the loan was paid off with her life insurance, but the title was never changed out of her name. I was told by the country vehicle registration office that an Affadavit of Heirship would work to change the title. Is this a possible solution?

Last edited:

BlondiePB

I was told by the country vehicle registration office that an Affadavit of Heirship would work to change the title. Is this a possible solution?
If that is what is required, then yes. The executor also has the authority to do with with his/her Letters of Testimentary/Administration. This option requires probating the estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">