• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fjshafirmark

What is the name of your state? New York

I am executor for my daughter’s estate. How can I properly assign the values to her personal property (clothing, shoes, furniture, jewelry, books, old TV set, etc)? All these items are used for a number of years and actually have no resale value. Since I reside in a different state it will cost more to do something like yard sale than actual money such sale could bring in. What could be considered as a good proof for the Probate Court that the values I assigned are fair? Would “It’s deductible” software from TurboTax, used to determine the values for charitable contributions, be a good source to get these values?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

BelizeBreeze

If you don't think they are saleable, take them to salvation army or goodwill and they will give you a receipt for the items with a 'tax value' that you can show the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">