• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Must take proof of ownership to DA to file charges against X-wife and her children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katiesu

What is the name of your state?Alabama

My son did recieve the papers today so he is now the administrator of his fathers estate. We have been to the DA about charges. But the DA said we had to have proof of ownership to the missing items and we have to apply for it all to be transfered to civil court... before charges can be filed . He did not explain to my son how we can prove this. Will eyewitness accounts of the items being in the house and on the property be enough ? What should we look for as proof?
And also, does the funeral home HAVE to give my son the death certificates now that he is the Administrator? They have stated that without a court order they were not turning them over to him.

Last edited:

Dandy Don

Is your son an adult?

He needs to be consulting with a local probate attorney on any affairs regarding managing this estate.

Who paid for the funeral? What the funeral director said may or may not be true. Normally the funeral director will give free death certificate to person who paid for the funeral, but if he won't give it to son, then son can order his own from the state vital statistics department.

Was the cause of death suspicious?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

katiesu

Dandy Don said:
Is your son an adult?

Yes he is 26.

He needs to be consulting with a local probate attorney on any affairs regarding managing this estate.

He has a local attorney to help on the estate

Who paid for the funeral?

The X wife and step sons

Was the cause of death suspicious?

No, he has a heart condition

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">