• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Mother left no beneficiary for her life insurance.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needadvicesd

What is the name of your state? CA

My Mother passed suddenly and left no beneficiary for her life insurance policy through her work. It would go to me and my brother, but I am trying to avoid probate as the remainder of her estate is valued at $5k. Is there a way to do this?

BlondiePB

needadvicesd said:
What is the name of your state? CA

My Mother passed suddenly and left no beneficiary for her life insurance policy through her work. It would go to me and my brother, but I am trying to avoid probate as the remainder of her estate is valued at $5k. Is there a way to do this?
There is no way that I am aware of having the insurance pay you and your brother when you were not designated as beneficiaries. The insurance company will release a check payable to the estate of your mother. In order for this to be done, you must open a probate case and an estate account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">