• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help about a house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Leebo37s

What is the name of your state? NC

Me and my brother was left a house after the passing of our grandmother. This whole situation turned ugly after my mother got involved, she is executoess. She decided it was best to sell to settle all the claims on the house. Me and my brother decided this was fine. The thing that worrys us is that we will never see anything. The house was closed on the 16th of may for 58k dollars. There was 32k dollars worth of claims and my mothers fee and according to the will the rest is will be split between me and my brother. My question is will my mother hand us the money or will her lawyers hand it to us. Im not sure where I go from here or what to expect next. Any help would be great, thanks.

seniorjudge

Leebo37s said:
What is the name of your state? NC

Me and my brother was left a house after the passing of our grandmother. This whole situation turned ugly after my mother got involved, she is executoess. She decided it was best to sell to settle all the claims on the house. Me and my brother decided this was fine. The thing that worrys us is that we will never see anything. The house was closed on the 16th of may for 58k dollars. There was 32k dollars worth of claims and my mothers fee and according to the will the rest is will be split between me and my brother. My question is will my mother hand us the money or will her lawyers hand it to us. Im not sure where I go from here or what to expect next. Any help would be great, thanks.
First, get a complete copy of the probate file at the courthouse.

Next, ask your mother where the check will be coming from.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">