• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help concerning a car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tamden

What is the name of your state? Georgia
My aunt died Nov o4 no Will her sister is court appointed executor of estate.
I was given her car after she died. I was to make payments in her name , but I lost my job. The finance company called my aunt about the car she told them I would be making the payments. They contact me I told the finance company I had lost my job and that I could not pay. They continue to demand payment I told them to come get the car but they said they did not want the car. they wanted money. My aunt sent them a copy of the death certificate per their request in August 04 since then we haave not heard anything else from them. I tried to return the car to the dealership but the salesperson told me if I wanted the car that I should ask my aunt who is the executor to get the title and sign it over to me. My aunt and I are afraid to do anything. The car is just sitting and I need it. but I don't want me nor my aunt to get into any trouble Because the finance company may have a lien on it. I have not signed or give the finance company any personal info. The car is still at my deceased aunt's house. Can we get the title I guess is my question.

pojo2

Sis had no right to give you anything that had a loan outstanding without the finance companies approval.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">