• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nevada Probate Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needadviceinca

What is the name of your state?CA My husband's father owned two parcels of land in NV. One parcel willed to my husband, one parcel to my husbands brother. The primary estate has been through probate in CA. Is it true that in NV, if the estate is worth $75,000 or less, the land will automatically go to the widow of my FIL- despite what the will says? Please help. My husband paid for half of the land that was willed to him, but his dad never put his name on the title and now he fears that his stepmother will get the property. My husband is executor of the will, but hasn't filed for probate in NV yet. It took 6 years to finally settle the estate in CA.

BlondiePB

needadviceinca said:
What is the name of your state?CA My husband's father owned two parcels of land in NV. One parcel willed to my husband, one parcel to my husbands brother. The primary estate has been through probate in CA. Is it true that in NV, if the estate is worth $75,000 or less, the land will automatically go to the widow of my FIL- despite what the will says? Please help. My husband paid for half of the land that was willed to him, but his dad never put his name on the title and now he fears that his stepmother will get the property. My husband is executor of the will, but hasn't filed for probate in NV yet. It took 6 years to finally settle the estate in CA.
Sounds as though a "little birdie" said something that needs verification from a local probate attorney in NV where the estate is to be probated. Consult with one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">