• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Humble20002

What is the name of your state?Missouri
My grandmother passed about 1 year ago. She owned property in Colorado but was living in a nursing home in Overland Park, Kansas when she died. Her mail was all being sent to her only daughters address in Missouri. There was no will and the property never went through probate. My questions are 1. Is the property required to go through probate before passing down to her daughter? If so does the probate take place in Colorado where the property is located? In Kansas the state where my grandmother resided when she died? or in Missouri her only daughters place of residence. 2. My mother is going to give the property to two of her children. Will that require just a QuitClaim form or the Warrenty Deed form?

BlondiePB

Is the property required to go through probate before passing down to her daughter?
Yes.
If so does the probate take place in Colorado where the property is located?
Yes.
In Kansas the state where my grandmother resided when she died?
Possibly, you need to check Kansas statutes.
in Missouri her only daughters place of residence
No.
My mother is going to give the property to two of her children. Will that require just a QuitClaim form or the Warrenty Deed form?
One of you needs to hire an attorney in the county where the propety is located in CO. This is an intestate (without will) estate. Therefore, more is required than just the signing over of the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">