• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Will from deceased son who was 21

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Diamondphoenix

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My son was 21 years old when he was killed on 06/25/05 in a car accident. He left no will. The car I drive was owned by him, however, the insurance on the car was in my name. I went into the Department of Motor Vehicles to renew the registration and they completed transfer of title to my name at the same time. However, my son's father, my ex-husband was the executor of the estate and I did not get his signature to have the car title transferred. He knew about it though. Did I do something wrong and if so what can I do to correct it?

Dandy Don

Get a signed notarized statement from the ex-husband that states he agrees with your actions, or ask him to go to Motor Vehicles Department to do the transfer again with his signature. He is the only legally authorized person to do this transaction.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">