• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No will...family feud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wezle

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

My grandmother who I was living with and supporting financially passed away just over a month ago. I was 50% owner of the house we were living in at the time of her death. Due to the wording of the deed my 3 aunts and mother are now inheriting my grandmothers 50% of the house. They decided not to deed it over to themselves and instead to just file financial responsibility for my grandmothers 50%. I have been told I do not have to allow them in the house to do an inventory of her belongings without a court order as I am capable of doing it myself. Is this accurate?

Also my mother has told me my aunt is attempting to file the declared value of the contents of the house as zero. Is this considered fraud as there is probably anywhere from $2,000-$5,000 worth of items in the house?

BelizeBreeze

wezle said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

My grandmother who I was living with and supporting financially passed away just over a month ago. I was 50% owner of the house we were living in at the time of her death. Due to the wording of the deed my 3 aunts and mother are now inheriting my grandmothers 50% of the house. They decided not to deed it over to themselves and instead to just file financial responsibility for my grandmothers 50%. I have been told I do not have to allow them in the house to do an inventory of her belongings without a court order as I am capable of doing it myself. Is this accurate?

Also my mother has told me my aunt is attempting to file the declared value of the contents of the house as zero. Is this considered fraud as there is probably anywhere from $2,000-$5,000 worth of items in the house?
Why don't you go down to the county courthouse and file PROBATE and put an end to this crap?

S

seniorjudge

wezle said:
Honestly, I am completely clueless as the the process of how/what should be done.
Then go hire a probate lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">