• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No will - only other relatives may not be able to be found

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

isis297

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I posted before about my great grandma's house that she didn't have a will for when she died back in 1978. I just have "one" last question...seniorjudge, you mentioned that if the cousins didn't contact us, their portion would go back into the estate. We just found out the only address we had to contact them through is no longer valid as they have sold their business. At least, this is what we've been told. My mom is verifying. What happens now? Are there steps we have to take to try to find them like putting something in the paper? I wouldn't know what else to try. What if we really can't find them now? Does their portion still go back into the estate?

Thank you!

Dandy Don

Hire a private investigator for about $50-$100 per name to make a nationwide search to locate these people and keep the receipt to prove you made the effort.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">