• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ombudsman

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

medion

Hi i hope someone can help me?

I am the beneficary to a will and the executor has gone to the financial ombudsman for wrong doings with one of the estates acounts, well do you have to wait for this to be settled before you can apply for probate on the rest of the estate?

anteater

Did you notice the question about your state when you first clicked the New Thread button?

In any event, you might want to try explaining this better. One does not apply for probate on specific assets. One simply applies to open probate. And, if that has not been done, then the "executor" is not THE EXECUTOR if appointment by the probate court has not been obtained.

medion

Sorry yes i did actually notice it but i didnt write anything because i am from England but i still thought it was worth a try asking to see if anyone could help me. No need to sound so snotty!

Dandy Don

That is what you need to be asking the ombudsman or getting your own attorney. Yes, probate will be delayed somewhat but no one can tell you exactly how long.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">