• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Opers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jthompso

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My mother passed away recently, and my siblings and I were named the beneficiaries on her opers(ohio public employee retiremant system). She was remarried in October and retired in January before she passed in March. Does her getting married change the designation of beneficiaries to her husband or does that still go to us.

seniorjudge

jthompso said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
My mother passed away recently, and my siblings and I were named the beneficiaries on her opers(ohio public employee retiremant system). She was remarried in October and retired in January before she passed in March. Does her getting married change the designation of beneficiaries to her husband or does that still go to us.
Ask OPERS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">