• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of State Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JB454

California

My Dad from Oregon passed away a few years back and we had an Oregon attorney handle his small estate. My sister and I were his only heirs and we received his property and belongings in Oregon, but he also had a small piece of land in California. The Oregon attorney said to not include that land in the estate because it was practically "worthless" and that it would complicate matters. We agreed and left it alone.

Now we've been getting delinquency notices for taxes owed on the land and would like to pay it up and get the title transfered to our names. Can we take a copy of the will, the Affidavit of Claiming Successor of Small Estate of Testate Estate, which shows we are his heirs and received all his property in Oregon, take a copy of a Land Appraisal Report that indicates my Dad is the owner of the land, and get the land transfered to our names? Can we do this ourselves? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">