• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal property distribution law -- California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EvaBZ

California: My dad’s revocable living trust & will specified that I was the beneficiary of all his “antiques” which were originally located in a storage unit. He later amended the trust, stating those antiques were now located at his home address which was listed. Most of the antiques were stored in boxes in the garage or along the side of the house, but some were brought into the house and used as decor. Now that he passed, his wife (trustee) says I am only entitled to those items in the garage even though numerous items were brought in over the years or swapped out when they redecorated. Am I entitled to all his antiques located at his house or just those he stored in the garage? The trust did not specify a location in the house, just the home address.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">