• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal rep has stolen all the money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rickimpala

What is the name of your state? washington state.
my sister has stolen all my mothers money from her accounts .. she never paid the funeral home or myself for paying for the memorial service. the attorney for my sister put in a denial for my credit i put in for the memorial service. i have to go to superior court and appeal it can i do this myself or do i need to pay an attorney? also what can i do to have my sisters wages garnished to get the money she stole returned to the estate to pay off the bills? her lawyer knows about all the money and jewlery she has stolen for her own personal use and refuses to do anything about it, which makes me believe he should be reported to the bar association in helping with this fraud..:mad:n could someone give me advice on how to go about this in getting my money back as well as the estates money back? can i take this to court on my own behalf.. attorneys are way to expensive and we are only right now talking about 10,000 in cash.. the jewlery is harder to prove but the money is very easy to prove..

cp1957

my sister has stolen all my mothers money from her accounts .. she never paid the funeral home or myself for paying for the memorial service. the attorney for my sister put in a denial for my credit i put in for the memorial service. i have to go to superior court and appeal it can i do this myself or do i need to pay an attorney? also what can i do to have my sisters wages garnished to get the money she stole returned to the estate to pay off the bills? her lawyer knows about all the money and jewlery she has stolen for her own personal use and refuses to do anything about it, which makes me believe he should be reported to the bar association in helping with this fraud..:mad:n could someone give me advice on how to go about this in getting my money back as well as the estates money back? can i take this to court on my own behalf.. attorneys are way to expensive and we are only right now talking about 10,000 in cash.. the jewlery is harder to prove but the money is very easy to prove..
Your sister is in alot of trouble:(

cp1957

Your sister is in alot of trouble:( You are a heir, she will have to pay this back. Report this attorney. You can take this to court, notify the court right away.

rickimpala

we did

we showed proof to the attorney and after that he went to court to deny our claim for the memorial service and he told the funeral home there is no money .. he is not making his client responsible for the money she stole.. i am thinking of filing something with the state bar assocation on him.. he is dishonest as well as i see it.

Dandy Don

You haven't given enough details of exactly how she stole the money. Did she have a power of attorney granted by her mother before mother died? Was sister's name on the accounts as joint co-owner?

If you think something illegal has occurred you need to be filing a police report so the district attorney can go after her.

rickimpala

to dan dandy

she was not a joint account with her mother. she went and closed the account and used the money for herself. she also went and cashed checks that were made out to the estate of. no estate account was made. she used the money for herself. She also stole all the jewerly and denied our claim for the memorial service money that we put out of our own pocket. her attorney is not doing a thing about it. It has cost us over 1500.00 already for an attorney. We feel we should report her attorney to the board since he knows of the money she took. are we in the right to do that?

BlondiePB

she was not a joint account with her mother. she went and closed the account and used the money for herself. she also went and cashed checks that were made out to the estate of. no estate account was made. she used the money for herself. She also stole all the jewerly and denied our claim for the memorial service money that we put out of our own pocket. her attorney is not doing a thing about it. It has cost us over 1500.00 already for an attorney. We feel we should report her attorney to the board since he knows of the money she took. are we in the right to do that?
The bank would not have made out a check to the estate without the Personal Representative (executor) having Letters of Administration/Testamentary. And, the court auditors would have followed the money.

Has probate been opened?

Dandy Don

Be sure to check at the county courthouse probate court/surrogate court to find out for sure whether she ever filed paperwork to open up this estate for probate or not. The bank SHOULD HAVE asked her to present a certified copy of letters testamentary authorizing her to claim this money for the estate, but if the bank messed up and didn't ask her for a copy of the letters testamentary and just gave her a check only on the basis of her being a family member closing out the account, then you may have a claim against the bank. Mention the name and city/state of the bank here and I can provide you with the name of a government agency where you could file a complaint.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

rickimpala

yes probate was opened on july of 2007 but no probate account has been opened. she took the money and her attorney knows she stole it. the funeral home has not been paid as well as myself that paid for the memorial service. We were denied the money for the service and have to take it to superior court. somehow we have to figure out on our own what form to file to take this denial to superiour court on our own. This is just down right wrong and such fraud.. We plan of contacting the bar on this attorney. for his client to steal the money is wrong. this is in the state of washington. Also does anyone know if there is a time limit of inventory in the house? also she stole all the jewerly at least 25,000 worth and got friends to sign a paper stating her mother told her in front of these people the jewlery is hers, which never happened.. is that legal? i was told it was not since my mother never put it in writing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">