• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal representative selling property under value

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

isisis

I'm an heir to an estate in Colorado and the personal representative hasn't maintained the property and has now placed it on the market far under the amount it could bring in. Between the depreciation from lack of maintenance and the low listing price this adds up to a considerable amount of money being lost. I spoken to the personal representative and his attorney about this but they won't do anything. What are my best options?

justalayman

If you will receive less than what you would had it been sold at a higher value, you can protest the sale with the courts. The PR may also cause themselves to be liable to the heirs for the loss if they continue with the action.

along with that, the actions of the PR may not be improper if the circumstances allow or even urge it be done as it is being done.

as to maintaining the property; is there cash available to maintain the property? If not, who is going to front the costs of maintaining the building? Would you be willing to pony up the cash?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">