• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Persons in Debt to Estate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

likestopla

What is the name of your state? NC

To make a long story short......my father recently passed away with no will. Most everything he owned, he was able to place in my brother's and my name before he passed away. However, there is a woman he became involved with before he passed away and loaned her $48,000 to help in the purchase of her home. There was a contract signed, but it was not notarized. Do we have any chance of recovering any of this money?

seniorjudge

likestopla said:
What is the name of your state? NC

To make a long story short......my father recently passed away with no will. Most everything he owned, he was able to place in my brother's and my name before he passed away. However, there is a woman he became involved with before he passed away and loaned her $48,000 to help in the purchase of her home. There was a contract signed, but it was not notarized. Do we have any chance of recovering any of this money?
I don't know if you have a chance of recovering any money because I don't know the lender.

However, if she has money, then open a probate estate and sue her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">