• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petition For Recovery of Estate Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

renlenpow

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

My sister, the PR of my father's estate, recently filed a petition for the recovery of estate property with the probate court. A hearing has been granted and will occur within 60 days. My sister refuses to answer emails on the purpose of this hearing nor any request for information on how she is proceeding with the probate process. I stumbled upon the petition accidentally through the probate court's website. Is anyone familiar with such a petition? Should my sister at least inform the PR alternate with any pertinent decisions she is making?

renlenpow

After my father's funeral, two of my siblings stated that Goodwill could come and cart off everything in my father home. However, one brother stated that he wanted my father's old laptop and two golf trophies. I did ship them to him (I am not the Personal Representative). Could I or both of us be reprimanded for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">