• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

granny in GA

What is the name of your state? Georgia. :confused: I am the excutor of my mothers will, and she has passed away in oct of last year. she has some property and still has money owed on it. I am paying the bills and have been sence she passed away. I closed up the house and installed new locks on the house because my brother was breaking in and staying there. I go back about a month later and he has busted the locks off the house and changed the locks to his and i couldn;t get in to check on things. and im still paying the bills because he want pay them and he said he had been staying there all along i just didn't know it.. I was woundering if there is any thing i can do to get him out he is destroying the place and if i was to sale the place do i have to ok the price with them before i sale it. Please Help.:confused:

seniorjudge

granny in GA said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia. :confused: I am the excutor of my mothers will, and she has passed away in oct of last year. she has some property and still has money owed on it. I am paying the bills and have been sence she passed away. I closed up the house and installed new locks on the house because my brother was breaking in and staying there. I go back about a month later and he has busted the locks off the house and changed the locks to his and i couldn;t get in to check on things. and im still paying the bills because he want pay them and he said he had been staying there all along i just didn't know it.. I was woundering if there is any thing i can do to get him out he is destroying the place and if i was to sale the place do i have to ok the price with them before i sale it. Please Help.:confused:
Call the cops.

granny in GA

I hate to do that to my brother and someone told me that i could not put him out. What about selling the house? Can i set the price without them having to ok the price?

Last edited:

pojo2

If you do not have an Atty helping you to probate this estate you need to get one. You can not just sell it because you are the executrix unless the estate has/or is being probated.

Whose name is on the title/deed and the loan, that may change my reply?

Also the debt on the property has to be paid, be that through one of you paying off the loan or the home being sold and the proceeds FIRST used to pay off the debt against the home.

granny in GA

The name on the deed and at the loan co. is my moms. and yes the money would go to pay off her loan. My brother want go to work and pay any bills and he is trashing the place. I have paid the bills erver sence my mom died to keep from loosing the place. and the longer he stays there the value of the place is going down. He wont leave. I have tried everything.

pojo2

Is the estate in probate or not? Otherwise you have NO authority to do anything until it is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">