• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help with beneficiary questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NoClue27

My Father who i no longer speak to is the executor of my grandmother (his mothers) will. She advised me before she died i was a beneficiary in her will. However i have heard nothing from him and its now been 9 months since she died. I have applied to view the will which should be with me in two days. However could anyone please advise me of the following.

1. If i am a named beneficiary in the will does he legally have to inform me?
2. My surname is no longer the same as my fathers or grandmothers. If they have used my original surname will this cause me an issue?
3. is there a way to deal with all this without having to contact my father?

any help would be appreciated

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The problem is that US and UK law is not the same and we have no experts in UK law here.

Dandy Don

Consult with or hire your own probate solicitor and your concerns can be dealt with. And the name situation is not a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">