• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

POD with multiple beneficiaries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tzzoooma

What is the name of your state? WI

Intestate parent. bank account with adult children as beneficiaries POD, with
all required to sign affidavit for dispursement (what kind of affidavit is this?).

What happens if one or more beneficiaries refuses to sign an affidavit
to distribute?

BelizeBreeze

tzzoooma said:
What is the name of your state? WI

Intestate parent. bank account with adult children as beneficiaries POD, with
all required to sign affidavit for dispursement (what kind of affidavit is this?).

What happens if one or more beneficiaries refuses to sign an affidavit
to distribute?
then the others can file suit to have the court order the party to sign or sign in place of the other party.

tzzoooma

Dandy Don said:
Please explain for what possible reason someone would not want to sign?
Sibling rivalries and history of bad feelings as result of previous death of parent.
But... does that matter? For any legal reason?

I'm curious what the inaction of signing would mean for me legally.

BelizeBreeze

tzzoooma said:
Sibling rivalries and history of bad feelings as result of previous death of parent.

so you're the one not wanting to sign? do yo uhave a few thousand to waste on your Relatives' legal fees?

Dandy Don

If you don't sign you won't get any money--it's as simple as that, and you also may prevent other siblings from getting theirs. Who needs the aggravation?

tzzoooma said:

Like another poster said, why the aggravation? It sounds like both of your parents are now deceased. Once you sign, you have no reason to ever have to have a relationship with your sibs again.

BlondiePB

tzzoooma said:
It means that you will be cutting off your nose to spite your face when you are out thousands of dollars paying your siblings' attorney fees and costs when they take this to court to get their money. You can't stop them from doing this. All it takes is a judge's signature for them to get their money without your signature and you paying for all this. Being an idiot will be your choice and an expensive lesson.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">