• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NY soon to be Florida
Is a Power of Attorney from NY valid in Florida? My car (registered now in NY in my name only) is titled in my cousin's name (1st) and mine (2nd) When I move to Florida I need to register my car for Florida plates and new title but want to keep my cousin's name on the title. Before I leave NY I will get specific Power of Attorney and have it notorized (and include the make,model,color,and VIN #) stating that I only have authority to sign my cousin's name on any forms to obtain the new car title. So will Florida honor this document?

fairisfair

What is the name of your state? NY soon to be Florida
Is a Power of Attorney from NY valid in Florida? My car (registered now in NY in my name only) is titled in my cousin's name (1st) and mine (2nd) When I move to Florida I need to register my car for Florida plates and new title but want to keep my cousin's name on the title. Before I leave NY I will get specific Power of Attorney and have it notorized (and include the make,model,color,and VIN #) stating that I only have authority to sign my cousin's name on any forms to obtain the new car title. So will Florida honor this document?
probably, why don't you call the department of motor vehilces and ask them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">