• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney mis-useing his power

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jopeg1

What is the name of your state?North Carolina

My grandmother had 3 children, my dad, my aunt and my uncle. My dad died in 98, my aunt has alzhimers, and my uncle is the Power of Attorney since my grandmother is now in a nursing home. My grandmother is physically in very good shape, but she gets confused about some things. She is 94. My uncle's wife wanted to get "Nanny" into a nursing home so she could take her house, remodel it and move her daughter, my adopted cousin, into it. She burned most of Nanny's things, all of her clothes, the mattresses off of the beds, the curtains, and anything else that my she thought was no good. She has kept only the things she wanted without giving the rest of the family the chance to save anything.

My grandmother is still alive. She cries to go home even for a visit. But no one can take her home because it is not her home any more. This is not fair or ethically right. What can be done about this? After all my uncle is the POA. Can a POA do anything they want to a person's personal property? If a POA is not doing what is best for a person can that appointment be revoked? I feel sorry for my grandmother but I don't know what to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">