• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PR problems in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ablenwillin

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am a resident of Kentucky but I am Pr to an estate in Florida. How much money can I spend out of the estate for legal fees? I would like to file a lawsuit against an heir that received money outside of the estate that does not have to be probated. He won't tell me much about it, all I know that it was a savings acct in trust for him. It is quite a large sum of cash. Can I charge the estate for all the legal fees? Or does this come out of my pocket?

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am a resident of Kentucky but I am Pr to an estate in Florida. How much money can I spend out of the estate for legal fees? I would like to file a lawsuit against an heir that received money outside of the estate that does not have to be probated. He won't tell me much about it, all I know that it was a savings acct in trust for him. It is quite a large sum of cash. Can I charge the estate for all the legal fees? Or does this come out of my pocket?
The money belongs to the heir. Just what part of ITF (In Trust For) don't you understand?

ablenwillin

There are 3 minor children involved. I can't see why it wasn't left to them in a trust or something. These kids will have nothing. I feel so sorry for them. I do know what In Trust For means. This heir isn't even a child of the deceased.

There are 3 minor children involved. I can't see why it wasn't left to them in a trust or something. These kids will have nothing. I feel so sorry for them. I do know what In Trust For means. This heir isn't even a child of the deceased.
What does that have to do with anything? The money was left outside of the probate estate and is the sole property of the beneficiary. The estate has no claim on this money.

Betty

Agree - if the money was left in a savings acct. in trust for him outside of the estate, it is his.

ablenwillin

His children can't even claim the money? I don't know how this even came about. How could a man leave most of his money to a friend and ignore his children? I am totally shocked about this.

His children can't even claim the money? I don't know how this even came about. How could a man leave most of his money to a friend and ignore his children? I am totally shocked about this.
The only state that has forced heirship is Louisiana. Since this is in Florida, the kids are SOL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">